US Organizations to Receive Diversity Impact Awards at October Conference
For Additional Information email Michelle Brown.
Greensboro, NC (September, 2020) -- The Association of ERGs & Councils (a practice group of PRISM International, Inc. and Talent Dimensions) released their annual list of the Top 25 US Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Top 10 Enterprise-Wide ERGs, Top 10 Diversity Action and Executive Sponsor Recognition Awards. These groups will be recognized at an award ceremony during the USC Marshall School of Business Center for Effective Organizations 2020 ERG Leadership Summit Week: A Virtual Event October 19 - October 24, 2020.
The Diversity Impact Awards™ was launched in 2020 and is the next iteration of the ERG & Council Honors Award™. The ERG & Council Honors Award™ was the first, and until recently, the only annual national award that recognized and honored the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils. It was established in 2008 by the Association of ERGs & Councils, a practice group of diversity and inclusion consulting and training firm PRISM International, Inc.
In 2018, PRISM International was acquired by Talent Dimensions to help organizations weave Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) into the fabric of its culture. "This can only happen if the organization develops a DE&I strategy aligned to the business strategy and the appropriate structure exists to ensure successful implementation. Diversity Councils and ERGs (BRGs, Affinity Groups, Networks, etc.) serve as one of the most important levers to drive the tactical execution of that strategy," shares Lynn Cowart, Principle and Chief Operations Office at Talent Dimensions.
The 2020 Diversity Impact Awards™ were reimagined to leverage a data driven and scientifically validated model developed by Dr. Theresa Welbourne, Senior Affiliate Research Scientist at the USC Marshall School of Business Center for Effective Organizations, Will and Maggie Brooke Professor in Entrepreneurship at the University of Alabama, and CEO of eePulse, to ensure buy-in from key stakeholders and drive greater learning. The awards were segmented to create a level playing field for individual ERGs, enterprise-wide ERG programs and non-ERG Diversity initiatives. For the second year, we are honoring the important work of Executive Sponsors.
"While we were excited to launch the new Diversity Impact Awards™ after almost a year of research and gaining input, launching a new awards structure during COVID-19 was challenging to say the least. We considered taking a hiatus given what organizations were experiencing. We quickly realized that this work was far too important and the individuals volunteering countless hours to create organizations where ALL people felt engaged, included and that they belong, must be recognized," said Cile Johnson, Principle and Chief Business Officer at Talent Dimensions. "Our partnership with the USC Marshall School of Business Center for Effective Organizations further supported the importance of the recognition of leaders and organizations."
The 2020 Diversity Impact Awards recipient rankings will be revealed at USC Marshall School of Business Center for Effective (CEO) Organizations ERG Leadership Summit Week October 19 – October 24.
The 2020 Diversity Impact Awards™ Top 25 ERG Award recipients in alphabetical order include:
- American Airlines – Professional Women in Aviation EBRG
- American Airlines – Latin Diversity Network EBRG
- Bank of America – LEAD for Women
- Blue Cross NC - GlobalNet
- ChristianaCare – Women's Employee Network (WEN)
- Dominion Energy – We3
- Erie Insurance – Women's Affinity Group
- Halliburton – Women Sharing Excellence
- JetBlue – JetBlue African Diaspora Experience (JADE)
- Mount Sinai Health System – Heritage of Latino Alliance Employee Resource Group
- NextEra Energy – African American Employee Professional Group
- NextEra Energy – Women in Energy
- Northwestern Mutual – Asian Employee Resource Group
- Northwestern Mutual – Women's Employee Resource Group
- Northwestern Mutual – Hispanic Employee Resource Group
- Northwestern Mutual – disABILITY Alliance
- Northwestern Mutual – Military Veteran Employee Resource Group (MVERG)
- Novant Health – Women's Business Resource Group
- Novant Health – Persons with Abilities Busines Resource Group
- Novant Health – Black/African American Business Resource Group
- Novant Health – Pride Business Resource Group
- Novant Health – Veterans' Business Resource Group
- Rockwell Automation – Cultures Connected
- Southern California Edison, Latinos for Engagement Advancement and Development (LEAD)
- State Street – Professional Women's Network Massachusetts Chapter (PWN-MA)
The 2020 Diversity Impact Awards™ Top 10 Enterprise-Wide ERG Award recipients in alphabetical order include:
- American Airlines - Abraham's Tent - Christian, Jewish, and Muslim EBRGs
- Asurion – Asurion ERGs
- Bank of America – Bank of America Enterprise ERGs
- Banner Health – Team Member Resource Group (TMRGs) Launch
- Cigna – Power of Connections Wellness Circles
- Northern Trust - Northern Trust Business Resource Council Advisory Council (BRCAC)
- Perdue Farms, Inc. – "Day of Understanding"
- Southern Company Gas - 2019 ERG Program Expansion/Evolution
- Tennessee Valley Authority – TVA ERG Collaboration
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - Diversity Council and Employee Networks
The 2020 Diversity Impact Awards Top 10 Diversity Action Award recipients in alphabetical order include:
- American Airlines – Virtual Inclusion Week
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana – Strategic Plan
- Froedtert Health – Disability Etiquette
- Halliburton – Focus on Family
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel – Go Red Event
- NASCAR – Heritage History Series
- Novant Health – Health Equity Council
- Novant Health – Cross Cultural Communications Program
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard - Disability Etiquette: Perspective Changing
- Ricoh – International Women's Day
The 2020 Diversity Impact Awards Executive Sponsor of the Year recipients in alphabetical order:
- Dominion Energy – Wendy Wellener, Vice President - Shared Services
- NextEra Energy, Inc. - Kate Stengle, Vice President Internal Audit
- Northern Trust - Shundrawn Thomas, President of Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM)
- Novant Health - Chere Gregory, MD, SVP Chief Health Equity Officer Diversity & Inclusion
About the Diversity Impact Awards™
The Diversity Impact Awards™ program was launched in 2020 and is the next iteration of the ERG & Council Honors Award™. The ERG & Council Honors Award™ was the first, and until recently, the only annual national award that recognized and honored the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils. The new award process leverages a data driven and scientifically validated model to create collective learning within and across organizations. The honor award was established in 2008 by the Association of ERGs & Councils, a practice group of diversity and inclusion consulting and training firm PRISM International, Inc.
About the ERG & Council Conference™
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However, to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This was the purpose of the first annual conference designed specifically for ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting ergcouncilconference.com.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM International, Inc. and the premier resource for transforming Employee Resource Groups, Diversity Councils and Employee Network Groups to impact key organizational and business objectives. Learn more by visiting ergcouncil.com.
About PRISM International, Inc.
PRISM, a Talent Dimensions company, is a full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for leveraging diversity and inclusion, addressing unconscious bias, increasing cross-cultural competencies and creating more effective ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting prismdiversity.com.
About USC Marshall School of Business Center for Effective Organizations
Since its founding over 40 years ago, the Center for Effective Organizations (CEO), a research center in the USC Marshall School of Business, is world-renowned for its breakthrough research and insights on organizational performance, effectiveness and talent management. Today, CEO is at the forefront, discovering and creating the latest knowledge in the design and management of organizations for companies that range from mid-sized to the Global 500. CEO's worldwide network includes research scientists, faculty experts, best-selling authors, and corporate partners. Working together, they provide forward-thinking leaders with trusted insights and the hands-on learning they need to help them solve complex problems and build highly effective, sustainable organizations.