Top 25 U.S. Employee Resource Groups and Diversity Councils Recognized and Awarded at Washington D.C. Conference
For Additional Information Contact: Debbie Mitchell at 888.997.7476
Alexandria, VA (October 3, 2013)
The Nation's Top 25 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and Diversity Councils were recognized and honored at the 5th Annual Diversity Council Honors Award™ dinner and ceremony held last night at the 2013 Diversity Council Conference in Alexandria Virginia. The U.S. Navy took top honors followed by American Airlines and Comcast.
The Diversity Council Honors Award™ is part of the annual Diversity Council Conference presented by diversity and inclusion training and consulting firm PRISM International, Inc., and its practice group the Association of ERGs & Councils. Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM said, "ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. They need opportunities to improve and grow by learning and sharing best practices, gaining important insights, knowledge and skills to increase their impact and effectiveness. They also need to be recognized and awarded for the contribution and results. This is the purpose behind the annual Conference and Honors Award."
In its fifth year, the prestigious Diversity Council Honors Award™ recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of U.S. ERGs and Diversity Councils that lead organizational diversity processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace.
Philip Berry, Executive Director of the Association and last night's master of ceremonies said, "This year's award recipients included fourteen first time and eleven returning applicant organizations. Of those returning, eight improved in the rankings. Five of this year's twenty five recipients have been on the Top 25 list since the Award's origin in 2009."
Award recipients included a diverse combination of corporations, federal government, non profits, municipalities and higher education - representing all sectors, geographies and sizes.
The 2013 Diversity Council Honors Award™ recipients (by rank):
- Navy Office of Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Diversity Working Group
- American Airlines Diversity Advisory Council
- Comcast and NBCUniversal Diversity Councils
- LEAGUE at AT&T- National Board of Directors
- The Boeing Company Global Services & Support (GS&S) Diversity Council
- RBC Wealth Management - U.S. - Diversity Leadership Council
- National Guard Bureau (NGB) - National Guard Joint Diversity Executive Council
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.- H USA Diversity & Inclusion Council
- General Motors Employee Resource Group Council
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Diversity Council
- Humility of Mary Health Partners - Multicultural Competence & Inclusion Council
- Siemens Energy, Inc. Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Prudential Financial, Inc. Law Compliance and Business Ethics Diversity Council
- TriHealth Diversity Advisory Councils
- Bellagio Las Vegas - Bellagio Cultural Board (BCB)
- Ameren Corporate Diversity Council
- Phillips 66 - Culture, Change, and Diversity Team
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. - PNC Technology Diversity and Inclusion Council
- The Boeing Company - Structures Engineering Diversity Council
- FedEx Freight, Inc. - FedEx Freight Diversity Council
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. - PNC Marketing Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Baystate Health Diversity Council
- Cox Media Group - Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group
- FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) - Diversity Leadership Council
- State Street Corporation - State Street Global PRIDE
The 2013 Diversity Council Honors Award Ceremony was hosted by Linda Stokes and Philip Berry and honored the TOP 25 U.S. ERGs and Diversity Councils. Experience the edited version of the Honors Award ceremony and learn more about their accomplishments.
A new addition to this year's line-up was the Heart & Hustle Award. It is awarded to specific ERGs and Diversity Councils that have demonstrated extraordinary efforts and results which distinguished them as an example within their industry. This year's recipients included the City of Virginia Beach Inclusion and Diversity Council and the University of Akron Diversity Council.
Berry concluded, "Recognizing the many contributions of both ERGs and Diversity Councils, we have decided to rebrand next year's conference and Honors Award event as the 2014 ERG & Council Conference and the 2014 ERG & Council Honors Award™.
For more information about the ERG & Council Conference or ERG & Council Honors Award, visit ERGCouncilConference.com.
About the ERG & Council Honors Award™
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is the only annual national award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs and Diversity Councils that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting ERG & Council Honors Award™ or by calling 1.888.997.7476.
About the ERG & Council Conference™
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This is the purpose of the only annual conference designed specifically for ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting ERG Council Conference or by calling 1.888.997.7476.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM International, Inc. and the premier resource for diversity and inclusion professionals dedicated to increasing the impact, effectiveness and recognition of ERGs and Diversity Councils as an essential partner in developing and implementing a focus within organizations. Learn more by visiting the Assoc. of ERG & Councils or by calling 1.866.220.6370.
About PRISM International, Inc
PRISM is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for leveraging diversity and inclusion, increasing cross-cultural competencies and preventing harassing and discriminatory behaviors. PRISM's performance solutions have assisted over 180 organizations in 24 countries in creating a proven systemic process and best-in-practice tactics for leveraging opportunities in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting PRISM or by calling 1.888.997.7476.